Razor Mk ii | PCR analyzer
Hazardous chemical agents identification
- RESULTS IN LESS THAN 30 MIN.
- INTUITIVE INTERFACE
- SIMPLE AUTOMATIC ANSWER : YES / NO
The Razor Mk II is designed for the field, it allows the identification of hazardous products potentially lethal to humans. It provides results in less than 30 minutes. The Razor Mk II uses Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technology.
With this instrument, there is no sample preparation, the protocol is simple, the reagents are ready to use, so it can be used by non-specialized personnel. The Razor Mk II is designed for first responders like soldiers, firemen, rescue workers, civil protection, etc.
- The Razor Mk II is battery operated. Due to its size (25.4 x 11.4 x 19 cm) and weight of less than 5 kg, it is a truly mobile and field deployable instrument. It does not need a PC to operate;
- The Razor Mk II works in extreme conditions, i.e. from 0 – 40°C ;
- Its use is very simple : The reagent racks are pre-dispensed and ready to use, just take the sample and inject it into the reaction chamber ;
- The Razor Mk II needs only 5 minutes to warm up and then the analysis can be started ;
- 10 pathogens can be tested simultaneously ;
- Results are available in 30 minutes.
This PCR analyzer can be used to combat bioterrorism as it can identify anthrax, smallpox, plague, salmonella, Brucella melitensis, Botulism, Coxiella, Tularemia.
The battery operated test unit is designed to operate without a PC. Results can be transferred to the PC via Bluetooth. The RAZOR Mk II uses patented reaction racks for analysis. All necessary reagents are already integrated in freeze-dried form. Depending on the threat scenario (bioterrorism, etc.), there are different reaction racks ready for use.
The characteristics of the PCR analyzer
- Technology : PCR
- Weight: 4.9 kg with batteries
- Size: 254 x 114 x 190 mm
- Laser: blue excitation laser (470 nm)
- Emission detection: TaqMan® probe (530 nm) and HybProbe® (690 nm)
- Heating block: 2 separate heating blocks for ultra-fast cycling (56 °C to 64 °C and 86 °C to 94 °C)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- Power: Rechargeable battery (8 cycles)
- Power supply: 24 V 4 A,
- Power cord: 110 V, 220 V
- Storage conditions: -33°C to +70°C
- Battery charger,
- PC software,
- Barcode reader,
- USB cable
- Sampling tools: pipettes, buffers, swabs. (All reagents are lyophilized and included in the reaction rack)