NITON XL5 Plus – Handheld XRF analyzer
- Light and compact
The Thermo ScientificTM NITONTM XL5 Plus is the new XRF handheld analyzer : light, small and powerful.
- Verification of metal alloys in manufacturing operations
- Non-destructive field inspections for positive material identification
- Point-and-shoot sorting at scrap recycling operations
- Measurement of mono and multilayer coating weight and thickness in Surface Treatment Control
- Precious metal assay of bullion and jewelry
- Real-time geochemical analysis for mining exploration
- On-site heavy metal screening of polluted soils
- Spectral Fingerprint matching for the detection of counterfeit investigation
Advanced analytical performance
Powered by a proprietary 5W X-ray tube, the Niton XL5 Plus generates fast and accurate results. Designed to work just hard as you do, a dynamic current adjustment ensures optimum sensitivity for each measurement. By optimizing the space between the x-ray detector and sample, the Niton XL5 Plus guarantees the lowest limits of detection – especially for light elements – ensuring that you receive lab quality results every time. Identify alloys, detect tramp elements, analyze precious metals, determine coating weight and plating thickness, perform real-time geochemical analysis, or screen for polluted soil. Whatever your needs, the Niton XL5 Plus is ready to work.
Expanded field use
Small but mighty, and weighing an industry leading 2.8 pounds (1.3 kilograms), the Niton XL5 is light and small for elemental determination and alloy identification. A miniaturized footprint and featherweight design reduce operator fatigue, while increasing productivity. Tight spots become no match for the Niton XL5 Plus. Discover expanded field use with new, compact geometry, enabling users to reach awkward or tight welds, corners and joints for critical measurements.
Vivid new icons and an application interface ease navigation and configuration. Utilize swipe and touchscreen functionality, even with a gloved hand. The Niton XL5 Plus’ optional directional keys provide added usability. In a snap, you’ll experience better record keeping too. The Niton XL5 Plus comes equipped with micro and macro cameras designed to support sample positioning and collect full-scale sample imagery. An optional 3mm small-spot collimator provides a zoomed in analysis for small areas. Using the Niton XL5 Plus, various analytical needs are solved using one versatile instrument.
- General metals mode
- Precious metals mode
- Coatings mode
- Spectral fingerprint mode
- Mining mode
- Soil mode